Why Apprenticeship become Important for Establishing Career
As has already been referenced by the business dictionary, apprenticeship is a work-based training scheme involving special program inside and outside job, usually for a specified period of time. Basically, apprenticeship for vocational jobs and trade are similar to internship for professional careers. In general, interns are typically university or college students, though they can also be post-graduate adults as well as school students. Within such a term, apprenticeship refers to a system of training designed for practitioners (in all field like arts, economies, engineering, electrical, and so on) and it is usually having a basic set of skills and a structured competency. At the same time, an apprentice who signed his name for apprenticeship should follow specific program so that s/he can have a set of competencies and skills to prepare for certain career. So basically, apprenticeships are means for apprentices so they can build strong career. Most of apprenticeship helps the apprentices learn their profession or trade, so that they can reach measurable competencies at the end of training program. Theoretical education was also involved, especially in advanced apprenticeships. In any advanced apprenticeships, the apprentice will get training program along with farming and jobs more than four up to six years. However, some of apprenticeships may be unchallenging, so that the apprentices would rather not assign to the program.
A list of training program that apprentices are usually set can be found from the following examples:
- Electrical: apprenticeship designed for electricians is always in demand, and it comes with specific training program which was designed to meet the demand of this field. An apprentice should have possessed fundamental numeracy and literacy and have completed class 10 as well. In addition to these skills, apprentices should have good eyesight, high team work, precision detail, strong mathematical abilities, and good hand-eye coordination. It would be better for electricians to apply apprenticeship program which able to provide these courses;
- Automotive field: apprenticeship designed for trainees in the automotive industry is usually in great demand. The programs are usually asking trainees to have strong physics and great analytical skill. A person who has completed class 10 should be fitted enough, and a person with class 11 or 12 should enjoy better chance;
- Information technology: this field is suitable for those who love doing any tasks related to computers and any other gadgets. Apprentices should have previously studied information technology. Good thing is: the package of program will be lucrative, with high salary awaiting those who have finished the training.
If we need to put the benefits of apprenticeship in short sentence, it will be “less theory, more practice”. Theory-practice ratio in every program belong to a particular apprenticeship was different to that of a traditional degree program. While most of degree programs were focused on extremely theory-heavy, apprenticeship program was doing in quite opposite manner, with focus mainly on practice. The entire session in an apprenticeship program will be spent mostly for practicing certain skills. Apprentices will have more time to practice their skill set, though it doesn’t mean that theory is not important. Of course theory is important too, but the ratio of theory is less compared to practice. The main focus in which apprentices spend a lot of time to practice means more hands-on experience will be obtained, which would be useful for the development of their careers in a particular field. In addition to these benefits, an apprentice can have a set of skills to deal with the level of industry exposure which eventually tight and comes with high standard. Another benefit the apprentice might get would be that of opportunity to develop bonds with people. Such benefit gives a chance for apprentices to understand all things-to-know a particular industry has, as well as the entire aspects of specific industry in which they decided to build career.
So, it would be nice thing for you to consider following an apprenticeship program which has been designed for specific requirement. Follow link below to find more information about apprenticeship programs for professional.
- EURO APPRENTICE-Belgium (http://www.euroapprenticeship.eu/en/belgium.html)
- VISA APPRENTICESHIPS (http://www.visaeurope.com/en/work_for_visa/apprenticeships.aspx)
- FERRARI APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAMME (http://www.ferrari-apprenticetraining.co.uk/)
- ADVICE ON APPRENTICESHIP AND TRAINEESHIP SCHEMES (http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=1045)
- EUROPEAN APPRETICESHIP TRACK (http://master-management.edhec.com)
- ART APRENTICESIPS-Italy (http://www.learn4good.com/schools/apprenticeship_programs.htm)
- APPRENTICE IN EUROPE (http://www.apprentieneurope.fr/resultats/EN/resultats.html)
- ESCP EUROPE APPRENTICE (http://www.escpeurope.eu/escp-europe-programmes/master-in-management/professional-experience-master-in-management-escp-europe/apprenticeship-professional-experience-master-in-management-escp-europe/)
- APPRENTICESHIPS IN TATA STEEL (http://www.tatasteeleurope.com/en/careers/apprentices/)
- ENGINEERING APPRENTICE (http://www.engineeringcareers.co.uk/engineering-apprentice/)